Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Mermaid Musings

Ariel (aka Disney's The Little Mermaid) needs a haircut...LOL

I finally made myself sit down and finish stitching her face. Oddly enough, the kit calls for her hair, eyes & lips to be stitching in two strands on 14 ct, but for her face to only be in stitched in 1 strand. I thought it would look awful, but I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome. The peach-y thread is so pale, any white that shows through lends an ethereal look to her face, while the areas done in two strands really "pop". Once I backstitch everything, I think I'll be even more pleased with the overall look. But I digress...

Ariel has LOTS of hair. And I have to wonder...wouldn't living in the ocean result in massive tangles? I remember the times I went swimming without having my mom braid my hair...it was not a pretty site afterwards.

Perhaps Ariel should consider a shoulder length cut with some long layers or even a chic chin length bob?

Or maybe, just maybe, I need to get out of the house more often?

1 comment:

Stitch said...

Very nice blog Katrina! I like the Dragonfly motif!! :) You should check out mine sometime..I should put some photos up soon!! Hope little Andrew still likes his fob..LOLOLOL

*BIG HUGS*

Ash

All About Katrina

    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I'm 46-years-old, happily married for 28 years to my high school sweetheart and a proud mom of three awesome young adults.
    In addition to being obsessed with cross stitch, I also enjoy reading, logic puzzles, baking and gaming.
     photo 90c1ff730abdbd11b66232f8fdfc2501_zpsad674e2a.jpg

Labels

Blogs I Read

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com