Saturday, March 11, 2006

Mermaid off the port bow!!

Okay, I admit it... I've been a very bad blogger for the last month. Up until last week, I was hardly stitching and just didn't feel I had anything meaningful to post. Silly me, huh?

Let's see... Steven & I went to see Dave Ramsey live on February 18th. It was a wonderful event and we learned a lot! It had turned bitterly cold here and was threatening to ice, but we still made the 2 hour drive. My mom stayed here with our kids and the four of them watched movies, played games and made crafts in front of the warm fireplace, all in pajamas...LOL They all loved their "pajama party". When we made it back home Saturday evening, we made Smores in the fireplace. Just a wonderful day all around.

What else? Hmmm, we sold Steven's pickup, so that's one less vehicle payment to fuss with. Not to mention, our car insurance dropped significantly, as well! Yay! I'm all for cutting our budget as much as possible. With Steven being self-employed (read: fluctuating income, lol) and me being a SAHM to three kids, every penny counts.

We've also switched our home phone service from a "land line" to VOIP, through a company called Lingo. We have had an SBC account ever since we got married and a couple years ago, we picked up their "all inclusive" plan. All of our local & long distance calls, call waiting, caller ID, voice mail, etc was supposed to be "only" $49.95/month. Well, after SBC tacked on all their taxes, surcharges & fees, our bill was routinely $75.00/month. Not such a bargain.

We would have switched sooner, but we had to wait for a competitively-priced VOIP service to become available in our area. Finally, Lingo made it to our part of Texas. Now my telephone is hooked up to my cable modem, via a small adapter and my phone number didn't even change. We absolutely love it! And the best part? We're getting ALL the same services we had when we were with SBC, PLUS I can now call various other countries outside the US/Canada/Mexico, all for the fabulously low price of $22.09/month. That's the final price AFTER their ONE tax ($0.64) and ONE fee ($1.50). I'm happy :-)

Now, onto the title of this blog entry...LOL Our youngest, Olivia, is turning 5 years old this month. I cannot believe my baby is no longer a baby, nor even a toddler. But I digress...

Olivia is somewhat Disney Princess crazy...just a little ;-) For her 4th birthday, she had a general Disney Princess themed party, with particular attention paid to Sleeping Beauty, Snow White & Cinderella. This year...she's all about Ariel from The Little Mermaid. So, if you've seen the movie, you might remember Scuttle the seagull saying "Mermaid off the port bow!" whilst looking through a small spyglass. (I really need more adult contact, no? LOL)

I'm currently stitching Ariel from a small kit that was free with an older issue of Cross Stitch Crazy (UK). Originally, I was going to frame it, but now I've decided to make it a patch and apply it to a dress or t-shirt, for Olivia to wear to her party. Between the patch and a surprise stitching gift that I can't post a pic of yet, I haven't done much stitching. But I've been stashing! I'll post more about my new stash, and that stitching surprise, later.

For now, I need to run and finish up Steven's end-of-week paperwork, load the dishwasher and make my grocery list. I was floored by a horrid migraine yesterday and got nothing accomplished. Thank heavens for leftovers, otherwise we would've been ordering out for dinner last night, which I prefer not to do.

I'll post more later! I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina, your DD's birthday party sounds like a fun one. They do grow up so fast--I miss mine being little(sometimes)lol
Mary Ann

Nona said...

It's amazing how fast kids grow up! I can't believe that my littlest is going to be 2 in a few months.

Your VOIP sounds like a great deal, congrats on saving a ton of money!! Just think of all of the stash you'll be able to get! LOL! :P

Hugs!

All About Katrina

    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I'm 46-years-old, happily married for 28 years to my high school sweetheart and a proud mom of three awesome young adults.
    In addition to being obsessed with cross stitch, I also enjoy reading, logic puzzles, baking and gaming.
     photo 90c1ff730abdbd11b66232f8fdfc2501_zpsad674e2a.jpg

Labels

Blogs I Read

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com