Monday, April 03, 2006

30...here I come...

Oh my, it's been nearly 2 weeks since I posted to my blog. Amazing how the time goes so quickly.

Here goes my attempt to bring everyone up to speed on life in the Harris household.

March 24th was my baby's 5th birthday. I still find it difficult to believe that Olivia is 5! Where did the time go?

As much as I didn't want to, Steven & I had to leave her on her birthday. We dropped all three kids off at my mom's house and headed for Dallas. Steven's company hosts a regional meeting each March and it's a do-not-miss event. As for the kids, I knew they would have a blast with their Mum Mum ;-)

My weekend was wonderful all the way around. Steven sat in meetings during the day and I ran around shopping (a little) and enjoying some quiet time in our lovely hotel room. I can't remember the last time I lounged in bed, watched TV & read a book, all at the same time. We also ate out both nights, once at On the Border and the next evening at Medieval Times, courtesy of the company.

On Sunday, we were up bright and early and on the road home. We made several stops along the way, arriving home at 1 pm. We spent the next two hours finalizing preparations for Olivia's party, which was at 3 pm on Sunday afternoon. Her chosen party theme was The Little Mermaid. Here is a pic of the partygoers, cake, balloons, etc. It was a great party, with LOTS of Ariel-related presents.

Back row, l to r: Meme (my grandma-in-law, Ann), Me, Steven, Nana (my MIL, Martha) and Paw Paw (my FIL, Ray)
Middle row, l to r: Lindsay (niece) and Andrew (son)
Front row, l to r: Katelynn (niece), Olivia (daughter), Mitchell (nephew), Annemarie (daughter) and Mum Mum (my mom, Mickey)




The few days following the party were a blur as we all tried to get back into our normal routines. It's amazing how one weekend trip and a party can disrupt everything when you're a stay-at-home-mom...LOL

This past Thursday and Friday, I enjoyed the pleasure of babysitting two of my nephews, Mitchell & Malachi. Mitchell is nearly 4 and Malachi is 6-months-old. They're awesome little boys.

On Saturday, Steven spent a good amount of time doing yard work. He dug a trench between our walkway and driveway, which will eventually become a stepping stone path connecting the two. We chose to dig out a path, which will add some sand & gravel to, for drainage. The we'll place the stones and some topsoil. After that, we'll be planting some ground cover to fill in the spaces around the stones and install some solar-powered walkway lights. We also planted some seeds in two of our planters. I can't wait for everything to be finished and/or blooming!

As for today, there's not much going on. I'm enjoying some quiet time here at home, while the older two kids do their schoolwork and my youngest enjoys a movie.

Tomorrow, however, will be fun! Tomorrow...I turn 30! Ack! LOL

I'm looking forward to lunch with my hubby & kids, my mom, my in-laws and my grandmother-in-law at one of my favorite restaurants. After that, who knows? Perhaps a quiet afternoon of stitching? I'm also eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new living room curtains, which my mom ordered for me as my birthday present. They're so pretty!

Okay, I think that's it from my end...for now, anyways. Hopefully, my next update will be much shorter...LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats a nice family photo , have a great 30th birthday enjoy the day. I love hearing about the crabs and the shell exchanges ;-)

All About Katrina

    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I'm 46-years-old, happily married for 28 years to my high school sweetheart and a proud mom of three awesome young adults.
    In addition to being obsessed with cross stitch, I also enjoy reading, logic puzzles, baking and gaming.
     photo 90c1ff730abdbd11b66232f8fdfc2501_zpsad674e2a.jpg

Labels

Blogs I Read

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com