Saturday, January 28, 2006

Read a good book lately?

My kids are growing up...(sniff, sniff)...

We took all three kids to the library this morning and our oldest two, Andrew (8) and Annemarie (6), applied for their first library cards. I remember applying for mine when I wasn't much older than they are now.

They each checked out a book and couldn't wait to bring the books home. Andrew picked out an old favorite, but Annemarie went for a 6-in-1 volume of Dr. Seuss stories. My hubby, Steven, LOVES reading Dr. Seuss to the kids.

We made some other stops, then headed home for lunch. I had planned to go back out immediately to do our grocery shopping, but I was practically falling asleep sitting up. The (much needed) rain today made for perfect napping weather. Andrew & Annemarie each went to their own rooms and Olivia (4) snuggled in with us. We all fell asleep and woke up feeling very refreshed.

Andrew went with me to the grocery store and to JoAnn's, where we picked out a patch for a pair of Annemarie's jeans. She fell while outside playing and one spot on one knee has just started to fray. Andrew picked out the patch, it's a navy blue heart with all sorts of bright & fun embellishments on it. Annemarie LOVES it! Yay!

Loading up on groceries took a good 2 hours. This was our big stock up trip, and we nearly had to go to a second cart. It's amazing how much extra time it takes when you have to stop on nearly every aisle. Not to mention all the time I spent trying to convince Andrew that we didn't need every item on certain aisles...LOL

All in all, it was a wonderful day. Tomorrow I plan to do some laundry and dishes and then stitch, stitch, stitch. I feel the need to finish The Price of Freedom!

1 comment:

Sasha Farina said...

which reminds me.. I have to bring the girls for their library card! LOL

All About Katrina

    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I'm 46-years-old, happily married for 28 years to my high school sweetheart and a proud mom of three awesome young adults.
    In addition to being obsessed with cross stitch, I also enjoy reading, logic puzzles, baking and gaming.
     photo 90c1ff730abdbd11b66232f8fdfc2501_zpsad674e2a.jpg

Labels

Blogs I Read

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com