Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Progress Bar Success!

Well, I haven't stitched in several days and it's all because of this blog...LOL

I've been desperate to create progress bars for my WIPs where I could put the actual percentage number (i.e., 10%, 30%, etc.) inside the bar itself, instead of on the same line as the bar's title (a long WIP title would cause the percentage to wrap to a new line). It sounds picky, but anyone who knows me can tell you I'm generally a picky person.

I was trying to create my bar with CSS & HTML. The great people at Blogger Forum were of tremendous help, but we couldn't achieve the exact look I was going for.

While Google-ing for some "magical" bit of CSS code, I found what I was looking for! If any of you fellow stitching bloggers need/want progress bars, look here. A lucky lady's husband wrote this Javascript for her knitting blog and was then kind enough to share it with others.

His directions for applying the code are wonderful. I even managed to change the border from black to white without messing up the script.

Now I can go through all my WIPs and figure up my percentages and add the bars to my blog. Yay!!!

I know my hubby will be happy to see me vacate the computer chair. I've been seemingly glued to it for the better part of the week. And truthfully, I'm looking forward to stitching again!

3 comments:

thur said...

Hi Trinabelle,

I see you did find a good script!

That's much better. Easy for you to implement and maintain ... and it looks great!

Regards,

Thur.

Sasha Farina said...

Hey Kat Thanks for sharing that codes! Now its my turn to play with my blog LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'll have a go with those codes, thanks. I've not been able to understand blogger, so I don't use it much.

All About Katrina

    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I'm 46-years-old, happily married for 28 years to my high school sweetheart and a proud mom of three awesome young adults.
    In addition to being obsessed with cross stitch, I also enjoy reading, logic puzzles, baking and gaming.
     photo 90c1ff730abdbd11b66232f8fdfc2501_zpsad674e2a.jpg

Labels

Blogs I Read

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com