Sunday, December 21, 2014

Stitch From Stash 2014 - December Update

I cannot believe that SFS 2014 is at an end. Where did the time go?

My year of SFS is ending rather quietly, with me only having spent $1.79 this month, on a single card of DMC Color Infusions Memory Thread (it's for an ornament on my list for next year). For the year, I only spent $91.19, although my official total might be a bit less, thanks to the various bonuses granted by Mel's husband.

I've been stitching on a Christmas gift for my mom. The chart has been in my stash for several years and I finally decided on how I want to finish it. No further details until after Christmas, as my mom sometimes reads my blog. The Calico Crossroads ornament has been set aside, as my mom's gift definitely takes priority.

In other news, we're preparing to move! We won't be moving too far; "just" 90 miles away, give or take a few miles. We're still looking for the right rental property. In the meantime, almost all of our time has been spent purging, packing & planning ahead of listing for sale our home of 18 years. When we built this house, it was just the two of us. Moving in took the smallest of rental trucks and a couple carloads of miscellaneous stuff. Now we have 3 teenagers and have spent nearly half my life in this house. Until we started going through closets & cabinets, I didn't realize how much stuff we had accumulated. Unreal! If all goes well, we'll be reloacted no later than the beginning of March, but hopefully early February.

I'm keeping select group of projects in my stitching bag, so that I won't go into withdrawals while the rest of my stash is packed away. Oh, the sacrifices a stitcher must make to stage her home for sale.

Money spent: $1.79

DMC Color Infusions Memory Thread - Silver

1 comment:

Alyssa F said...

Best of luck with the move! I know how you feel; we just moved in June. It was very rough trying to figure out what stash I could take with me in the meantime, LOL.

All About Katrina

    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I'm 46-years-old, happily married for 28 years to my high school sweetheart and a proud mom of three awesome young adults.
    In addition to being obsessed with cross stitch, I also enjoy reading, logic puzzles, baking and gaming.
     photo 90c1ff730abdbd11b66232f8fdfc2501_zpsad674e2a.jpg

Labels

Blogs I Read

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com