Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's a Spring Thing...

Okay, I will (grudgingly) admit that Summer is in full force here in Texas. That, however, does not keep me from thinking of cooler times.

In keeping with the theme of soft breezes and more moderate temperatures, I decided to stitch It's A Spring Thing from the San-Man Originals Secret Shop.





Sandy gave a suggested color scheme, but encouraged stitchers to choose their own colors. I already knew I wanted to use a fabulous "tiny tuck" made by the ever-talented JoAnn. For the design to fit, I stitched it one over one on 22ct fabric. I chose SSS Watermelon, Kiwi Lime Pie & Black Licorice. There were four embellishments included with the chart; a butterfly, leaf, flower & tiny lavender heart.

Due to the size of the finished design (1.75" square), not all the embellishments would fit. I chose to include the butterfly and the heart, as I could not resist throwing a smidgen of purple into the design.

It felt really good to finish something so quickly. I think I feel a "tuck marathon" coming on...LOL

1 comment:

Sasha Farina said...

that is so cute Kat!

All About Katrina

    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I'm 46-years-old, happily married for 28 years to my high school sweetheart and a proud mom of three awesome young adults.
    In addition to being obsessed with cross stitch, I also enjoy reading, logic puzzles, baking and gaming.
     photo 90c1ff730abdbd11b66232f8fdfc2501_zpsad674e2a.jpg

Labels

Blogs I Read

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com