Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Shrimp on the barbie...LOL

Apparently, I can no longer stitch on 14 ct Aida. Perhaps it's just me, or perhaps it was the stiffer quality of the Charles Craft navy blue Aida, but it's just not working.

I've been promising to stitch Sue Hillis' Burger King for my grill-mad hubby. So that's what I started on Sunday evening. I really thought the colors would "pop" on some navy blue fabric (which they do), but to me the stitching itself looks sloppy.

I have heard some say that they rinse their DMC or CC Aida to remove the stiffener. I, however, used to like the stiffer feel for stitching in hand. Now I stitch almost exclusively with Q-Snaps, which I love! Maybe the stiffener plus the tension of the Q-Snaps just isn't a good combination?

Anyhow, I'm going to rip out the little bit I stitched and restart the project on a white evenweave. I've become very enamored of evenweaves. I just love them! And I do still love 18 ct Aida, stitched with 2 strands.

Note to self...rinse the fabric next time...LOL

No comments:

All About Katrina

    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I'm 46-years-old, happily married for 28 years to my high school sweetheart and a proud mom of three awesome young adults.
    In addition to being obsessed with cross stitch, I also enjoy reading, logic puzzles, baking and gaming.
     photo 90c1ff730abdbd11b66232f8fdfc2501_zpsad674e2a.jpg

Labels

Blogs I Read

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com